Tuesday, August 16, 2011

life moves pretty fast...

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once and awhile, you could miss it" - Ferris Bueller.

Story of my life lately. I am beginning the third week of my life in Dallas, and I have been going non-stop since I got here. Between the training for my missionary work, going to Houston for a wedding, preparing for theREVOLUTION training at Stephen F. Austin State University, and beginning graduate school, all of my spare time has been spent sleeping. However, I am back to the blogging world with plenty of entertaining stories to lavish upon my avid readers.

I will begin with some fun picture describing my days here in Dallas. I have a friend who does a picture log of everyday of her life with supporting commentary, and I LOVE the idea! I really wanted to do something of the sort to document all my days in Dallas; I haven't done one for everyday, but I do have a few of the days recorded that I want to share with you.

Also, for a bit of background on my co-workers: there are five interns for TOBET this year: Amanda Hart and Hilary Bollom, both from Texas A&M, and Jason Guenther and Marcos Nino, both from Texas State. Putting five recent college graduates who are used to a college lifestyle in a room from 9am-4pm every day is a recipe for stir-craziness and lots of funny moments.

At a later date, I will post some cool things that I learned in my theology lessons for TOBET and in my graduate classes. For now, though, I want you to get a fun taste of my new life!! :-) Enjoy!!

Day 1: the one with the Braum's ice cream (CHERRY LIMEADE SHERBET) that I put in a cone but promptly licked off the top scoop...good thing my hair caught the fall!

Day 3: The one with the talk by Dr. Louise Cowen: a 94 year-old legend in the education sphere and one of the founders of UD. We also went to Starbucks, and they misheard my order and gave me two drinks, which they messed up, and then gave me two of the correct drink...thus the coffee party :-)

Day 4: the one with family night (all of the interns and our intern mom!) when we played Blokus, and Hilary's alternate personality THE BLOKUS MONSTER came out. Video proof coming soon! Also, I used ALL OF MY BLUE PIECES on this board! sweeeet! ...

...Erik's new favorite phrase is yes-ba and we found a funny word on an appliance that made us think of him!

Day 5: The one when I tried to do a DIY project to put on my blog but messed up the self-lamination, so I couldn't endorse my project. Bummer.


Day 9: The one when I came back from my long weekend and had to remove the confetti from my cute desk decoration. I took a picture of it so you could see my new work-home!


Day 10: The one with the swanky necklace that I bought with my mom over the weekend and Amanda picked out an outfit to match the loud accessory!


Day 11: The one when we threw Jason a graduation party! He graduated from Texas State on Friday, August 12 (yay!!), and Amanda and I were in charge of buying his party supplies. The balloons attacked her in the car...

...we bought him a dinosaur pet that bounces at your feet!!! We named him Lionel! :-) yesss!...

...we decorated the board for him with a bobcat paw drawn personally by Amanda...

...we HID BEHIND THE COUCH to pop out and yell surprise!!!

Day 12: The one when I started graduate school and bought some epic age-appropriate folders with my new favorite animal on them! OWLS!!!

Day 14: The one when we celebrated Stephanie's JOB OFFER and GORGEOUS NEW CAR with a dinner at Carinos. We got plenty of bread and garlic dip and Italian cream sodas! yummm :-) ...

...and played with Steph's grandpas roly-poly dachshund named Max (who did not reciprocate my joy at our new friendship)!


YAY picture project!!! I'll post the four videos that I have when I figure out how to upload them onto my new MAC (which I got on day 6 from my PERFECT PARENTS)!!! :-)

Please pray for all of the interns this weekend and all of those that God will touch this weekend! Amanda, Jason, and I are going to Nacogdoches to train SFA for theREVOLUTION, and Hilary and Marcos are putting on a TOB retreat for seniors in high school in Louisiana! I'll let you know how it goes! :-) 

God bless you!!!




1 comment:

  1. hii! I read all of your blog posts! keep em coming. I like you.

    ReplyDelete